Happy Birthday Dennis. A bunch of us got together, and posted various memories, pictures and rants about you to provide an online retrospective of your life. Enjoy.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Hey Dad! Happy 60th to a great father! We've had some fun times and some difficult times and through it all you've been strong and supportive of me and I love you dearly for that.

One of my earliest memories is being about three years old and we were swinging on the swings in the park across from our apt. in Alabama and you went so high that you touched the branches of the tree above you--I thought you were pretty freaking cool! I also remember later when we lived in Georgia, you dressing up (against my wishes) for Halloween as Laura Ingalls from Little House on the Prairie, wearing a calico dress, sunbonnet and fake yarn braids. I was totally mortified to have you and mom (dressed as an indian brave) walk me around the neighborhood--now I think that was pretty cool. Or singing and playing the guitar with you--many happy memories of that. One of the most touching memories I have is of you trying to distract me as I nervously wait to go to the church for my wedding and then tearfully telling me you loved me as you handed me off to Eric. I could go on and on and on with all the happy times I've had in your company :)

On the other hand, in tough times, you were using the internet before it was even cool, to try and find the best cancer treatment for me when we were all still in shock and freaking out. You did what you do best--you stayed cool and did the research. Thank you for that.

I look forward to at least 60 more years of memories with you (the way the healthcare field is going, who knows!) I love you. From your favorite daughter. Your Banana

No comments: